5/11/2009

Mother's Day 2009 Was the Best Yet!






Mother's Day 2009 was AWESOME! I actually got to be with my Mommy! It was a beautiful sunny day and perfect for the short drive home to West Virginia. The scenery was absolutely beautiful as well. My Mother met us at the door without any assistance from a cane, walker or anything to lean on. It was wonderful to be with her on this day and to see how well she is recovering from her knee replacement surgery. We ate at our favorite Chinese Restaurant "Young Chows". The best Mother's Day present for me was just being with my Mom. I am making a vow that weather permitting I will drive up to see my Mom every Mother's Day from now on!

We came back to Tennessee and Brian presented his mom with a present that he made himself. Well almost. It was so neat! A couple of month's ago we found this old rusty planter underneath our house (we inherited our home from Brian's late Grandparents). This old planter belonged to Brian's deceased Grandmother. We had it sandblasted and Brian painted it and he painted some pots and packed them full of all different types of flowers and vines. It turned out really lovely. His mother was astounded. She loves flowers and plants and had a fit over how well he had restored Mamaw's old planter. He couldn't have done any better for his Momma on her special day.

Well I guess the next time I post it will be from Hilton Head Island, SC. I'm outta here!

No comments: