4/03/2006

What a gorgeous weekend


It was a beautiful weekend here in East Tennessee! On Friday after a hectic month end day at work we packed up the car and headed for the mountain to see Amber, Ed & Taylor. It rained on the way up there so I figured it would just be a dreary weekend. Boy was I wrong. We spent Friday night watching movies, listening to my new bluegrass CD "Rhonda Vincent & the Rage", Taylor and I tried to dance with cans balancing on our heads, and I finally gave out and went to sleep in the Family House next door.

Saturday morning was beautiful. The guys took their fishing poles down to the private lake and man did they catch some fish. Brian finally caught some big bass...they have been eluding him for a year. He was so proud...of course Ryan always catches some even if no one else does. Amber and I sat on the porch in the rocking chairs and then painted the baby's nursery. It looks so good. We put the little curtains up and it really looked like it was all coming together. She seemed so happy with it. Saturday evening we headed back home.

Sunday another beautiful sunny day. Brian got the lawnmower out and mowed the yard, I love the smell of freshly cut grass after a long winter of not smelling things like that. I cut off the heat and opened all the windows to let the air in. Managed to get my Easter decorations up also. Got my umbrella for my pool deck table out and put it up and got the cushions on the chairs. Then we made fried chicken, biscuits & gravy and mashed potatoes because ED, Amber and Taylor were coming over. They had a nice visit...got to use the hot tub and then they headed back home.

I made a bonfire and Brian, Ryan and I sat around it for awhile. When the thunderstorms started it was time to call it a day. I am so glad the time has changed back now and we will have more daylight! Thank you Lord for a beautiful weekend.

No comments: