1/23/2006

The Weekend

Well this weekend was another one of those lay around and do nothing weekends. On Friday night we had a few people wonder over. Our neighbor JR showed up and then my husband's Cousin Brandon & his girlfriend Velvet came by for a little while. We drank a few beers and talked...it was cool. Saturday morning was cold and rainy! The perfect day to stay in bed and sleep late. When I finally did get up I made huge biscuits, fried some country ham (not good for my diet), and scrambled eggs. MMMMMM. Then we all got blankets and camped out in the living room...this was Barrett/Jackson Auto Auction Weekend on Speed Channel. My husband lives for this. We have been watching it everyday since Wednesday. I am glad it is finally over. Don't get me wrong I like to see the old & new cars (all perfectly restored, etc) go across the auction block...but after several hours of this the cars all start to look the same. But I cuddle up and watch it with the guys. We did manage to squeeze in time to watch the movies I rented. The first one we watched on Saturday night it was "Two for the Money"...I love Matthew M. in this movie...He is sooooooooooo hot. After that it was back to the auction where a bus sold for $4 million dollars. That was the highlight. On Sunday morning we got up and went to church. It was a nice service...the music was awesome. Preacher Craig always has a good message too.
After church we came home and watched the other movie I had rented it was called "Lord of War"...it had Nicholas Cage in it I love him too but this was not one of his best movies. After that I took a nap & got ready to watch the playoff games. I am glad Pittsburgh is in the superbowl but I was dissappointed that Carolina didn't play better than they did. I don't know who to put my money on in the Big Game.
My sister, her husband & my neice came by for a little while. Amber tuned Ryan's guitar back up. He has been playing it to death! Taylor (my neice) and I discussed the games we are planning to play at Amber's baby shower. Taylor is very excited about being in charge of some of the games. I am glad they got to come by and visit.
All in all it was a nice weekend.

No comments: