12/14/2005

It's Hump Day!!!

I cannot wait until Friday!!!!!!!! I had a nice evening at home last night. Brian (my Hubby) and I curled up on the couch together, watched the new TV, and fell asleep in each others arms. He is a sweetie. I am a lucky girl.
I got up this morning and made cinnamon rolls for all of us. They were yummy!! Then I went into my son's room to pick up some dishes and found where he had written on a note a girl wrote him in school, he wrote the comment..."Mom and Dad are pricks!" Isn't that lovely. I spent 1 hour after work yesterday wrapping all of his awesome Christmas presents and this morning I felt like taking them out of the house and delivering them to some poor kid who knows how to appreciate things. He is going thru a lot of changes right now and entering those terrible teenage years. I am reading two books trying to get some idea of how to handle his attitude. Guess this is all just part of being a parent.
I talked to my sister yesterday in Roan Mtn, TN...they had 6 inches of snow. I would love to see some snow like that here. It puts you in the Christmas mood.
My mother sent me a package of goodies from Hickory Farms in the mail yesterday. I was surprised because I wasn't expecting an early Christmas treat.
My poor little dog Rascal (A Jack Russell) had to sleep in Ryan's room last night. He was so funny this morning though...I heard him after I got out of the shower whining to get out of the room so I opened the door and he went dashing all over the house then bounded into our bedroom and pounced into the bed where Brian was sound asleep. He was so excited to be FREE! He almost always sleeps with us but every now and then we let Ryan take him to bed. Man does he hate that! He was so happy to be able to crawl into bed with his master for a little bit. Dogs are AWESOME!
My goal for today is to clean out my basement. I have got to get back to my workout. I am motivated now because we moved our old big screen TV down there so now I have a reason to clean everything up and get back at it. I think instead of selling it (the old Big Screen) I will just keep it down there so I can watch it while I walk the treadmill and use the weight machine. Maybe get some of those workout videos too.

No comments: