4/13/2009

Baby Chicks were a big hit at Easter!!







Easter was very nice this year...we enjoyed church services Easter morning and then went by Dad's for a bit to visit, then we headed to Brian's parents house where we had a lovely dinner with Mike & Susan. After dinner Susan and Betty convinced me to take my new baby chicks down so that Mamaw (who happens to love chicks and chickens and used to raise them) could see them. So we did and she had a fit...she calls them diddles. She is almost 90 years old and can no longer raise her own but this was the next best thing. I haven't seen her that tickled in along time. She played and played with the little chicks...so did all of the kids who were there. I also enjoyed looking through her old pictures with her, Susan, Betty and Sandra and listening to Mamaw tell us who all the people were in these old black and whites. We had a delightful time. Later when we got home my sister and her family came by and Noah got his first glimpse of my new babies. He was in awe. He was so good with them and would just sit and watch them scratch and peep and eat and sleep. It was a really cool Easter Sunday!

No comments: