7/25/2008

Awesome Pie Recipe!

You have to try this to believe it...I have been bombarded with zucchini this year from my garden. A friend of mine (Melissa...Whitey's momma) turned me onto this recipe and I have to say it is unbelieveable that zucchini can taste just like apples. Here's how to make zucchini "apple" pie.

Use big zucchinis. Peel and cut in quarters lengthwise, remove the seeds and slice crosswise.

Toss together:
4 cups sliced zucchini, cooked until tender crisp
2 tablespoons lemon juice
dash of salt
Mix in a bowl:
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
dash of nutmeg
3 tablespoons flour

Add the zucchini and mix well. It will be runny, but that's ok. Dump the filling into a 9-inch crust and dot with butter. Add the top crust and bake at 400 degrees or until golden brown.

I'm tellin' you...no one will be able to tell that this is not just regular apple pie!

No comments: